Super Bowl Munchies from Willow Bird Baking

by Julie Ruble on February 2, 2012 · 16 comments

I love football, but I don’t have cable (or, uh, a television), so I never get to watch it. This is especially sad because one of my sisters is a Carolina Panthers cheerleader; I have to wait for people to post clips on Facebook to see her cheer! (She was even — sorry, proud sister moment — chosen to cheer at the Pro Bowl, so you may have seen her rocking out in Hawaii recently! I’ll post a photo from the Pro Bowl on Willow Bird Baking’s Facebook page for you to see.)

This year, the Super Bowl is going to be a fun exception to my football famine, because my Sunday school class is having a party. I’ve promised to bring lots of goodies (even though I still haven’t decided which team to pull for — suggestions?)

If you’re still planning your menu, here are some winning ideas:

1. Three Safe-to-Eat Cookie Doughs: Chocolate Chip, Sugar, and Cake Batter!
2. Quick and Easy Beer Bread (great for grilled cheeses!)
3. Gooey Cookies & Cream Bars
4. Easy Sopapilla Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars

5. Deep Fried Cake Batter Cookie Dough
6. Oreo or Red Velvet Truffles
7. Deep Dish Pizza Cupfakes
8. Southern Pimento Cheese with Lavash Crackers

9. Soft Pretzel Dogs (like Auntie Anne’s!)
10. Cake Batter Cookie Dough Truffles
11. Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Squares
12. Chili-Lime Roasted Chickpeas

13. Easy Taco Stuffed Crescent Rolls
14. Fancy Roast Beef Sliders

-Pin It

Megan February 2, 2012 at 2:45 pm

I think you should root for the Patriots. :) And those cookie dough dips would be an awesome addition to any Super Bowl party!

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking February 9, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Thanks, Megan!

Samantha Hirata February 2, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I love these recipes! They look simply divine and perfect for a football feast! Can’t wait to give a few a try. Thanks for sharing!
God bless,
Virginia Belle

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking February 9, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Thank you!

Coco aka Opera Girl February 2, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Mm, roasted chickpeas are one of my favorite snacks. And I keep meaning to make pimento cheese — all of my friends from the South love the stuff, but I’ve never gotten around to trying it! And goodness, the idea of making cookie dough for the express purpose of eating it as dough . . . you’re an evil genius, Juilie.

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking February 9, 2012 at 5:58 pm

:D Why thank you, Coco!

Kathryn February 2, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Great looking food up there!! but, I must say, being a New Yorker, you MUST root for the Giants!!! I lived just outside Boston for 11 months, and I have to say New Yorkers are SO much better! :) And, yes, it was so bad there that I couldn’t make it a full year! So cool your sis is a Pro Cheerleader!

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking February 9, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Thanks, Kathryn! We’re pretty proud of her :D

Lauren at Keep It Sweet February 2, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Oh Julie, I wish you were coming to my place for Super Bowl!

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking February 9, 2012 at 5:58 pm

DITTO!

Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen February 2, 2012 at 7:35 pm

All of these Super Bowl round-up posts on blogs today are making me hungry :)

Those pretzel dogs look delicious! Joy the Baker posted pretzel dogs the other day, and I’ve been craving them ever since.

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking February 9, 2012 at 5:59 pm

I saw hers too! They were so cute. Have to make some minis sometime :) Thanks, Maggie!

Joanne February 3, 2012 at 2:41 am

I really need to just go through you blog and Pin everything. That’s what this post made me realize.

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking February 9, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Aw, thanks Joanne :D

Nell February 3, 2012 at 1:15 pm

My mouth is watering! I didn’t even make it half-way through your post before I realized, I want to eat ALL of this! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking February 9, 2012 at 5:59 pm