4-Ingredient Slow Cooker Coconut Cake (VIDEO)

4-Ingredient Slow Cooker Coconut Cake
4-Ingredient Slow Cooker Coconut Cake

4-Ingredient Slow Cooker Coconut Cake

5 from 1 reviews
4-Ingredient Slow Cooker Coconut Cake

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

This coconut cake isn't going to win any beauty pageants, but the velvety bread-pudding-like texture and the melt-in-your-mouth coconut flavor will definitely win you over!
Author:
Serves: 8-10
Ingredients
  • 2 (14-ounce) cans coconut milk
  • 1/2 (7-ounce) bag sweetened coconut flakes
  • 1 package moist white cake mix
  • 1 cup butter
  • vanilla bean ice cream (optional, for serving)
Instructions
  1. Add coconut milk, coconut flakes, and cake mix to your slow cooker and mix until just combined. Place two sticks of butter on top. Cook on high for 2 hours. Stir the cake, making sure to scrape the sides and bottom. Cook for another 1 hour. Serve warm with vanilla bean ice cream.

15 Comments on 4-Ingredient Slow Cooker Coconut Cake (VIDEO)

1. Amanda
    October 19, 2015 at 5:03 am (11 months ago)

Sounds delicious!!! I am curious if coconut oil would work as a butter sub? Love these easy dessert ideas!

• Anton
      October 21, 2015 at 12:05 pm (11 months ago)

I used coconut oil instead of butter during a pancake emergency (it was totally an emergency that we didn’t have pancakes and there was no butter available) and it came out pretty well. Worth experimenting with!

2. Urvashee
    October 19, 2015 at 5:45 am (11 months ago)

Looks delicious and I love that it’s so simple to make!

3. heather @french press
    October 19, 2015 at 10:09 am (11 months ago)

I can almost smell the coconut from here :) it sounds and looks absolutely delicious.

4. Kelley
    October 19, 2015 at 10:59 pm (11 months ago)

Coconut cake in a slow cooker- yes please!!!

5. Barbara
    March 1, 2016 at 6:50 pm (7 months ago)

Can’t wait to try this! Coconut anything is my favorite. Four ingredients, crock pot, what could be better. Let you know how it turns out!

• Julie Ruble
      March 1, 2016 at 8:35 pm (7 months ago)

Enjoy it, Barbara!!

6. Vicki Buffolino
    April 21, 2016 at 5:50 pm (5 months ago)

Would melted butter work better maybe?

7. Kim Pope
    May 1, 2016 at 10:01 pm (5 months ago)

This looks so divine, but I did something seriously wrong! Mine turned out more like a VERY buttery coconut caramel. It tasted great but was nowhere near the yummy looking cake yours was! Any ideas what went wrong? I doubled the recipe and used an 8 quart crock pot. After 5 hours of cooking it was still a thick brown liquid. I used Coco Lopez Cream of Coconut. Do you know if that’s different? That’s the only type sold here. Thanks for th recipe… I hope you can help the desperate coconut lover!

• Julie Ruble
      May 1, 2016 at 10:16 pm (5 months ago)

Hi Kim, I’m not sure, but happy to help you troubleshoot! This should come out with a velvety bread pudding texture. What sort of cake mix did you use? And did you double the cake mix, too?

• Kim Pope
        May 15, 2016 at 12:43 pm (4 months ago)

I did double the cake mix. I think the problem was the cream of coconut. It was super thick (like hot fudge). Like a dummy I made it before I watched your video. That’s when I realized mine was waaay thicker than what you used. So thank you for your help! I’m trying it again today with the same products you used!

• Julie Ruble
          May 15, 2016 at 2:01 pm (4 months ago)

I hope it works out great today! Please let me know how it goes.

8. Jamie
    September 24, 2016 at 5:55 pm (2 days ago)

So…I had a 14 ounce bag of coconut flakes in my pantry so I assumed the 7 ounces was the actual measurement…but upon rereading, I’m thinking it meant a 7 ounce bag for an actual measurement of 3.5 ounces of coconut flakes. Especially when taking into account the way the coconut milk measurement is worded.

Can you please clarify for me? Unfortunately I didn’t consider this issue BEFORE I added everything to my slow cooker so….we shall see what happens in 2 more hours!

• Julie Ruble
      September 24, 2016 at 8:06 pm (2 days ago)

Hi Jamie! It’s half a 7-ounce bag, or about 3.5 ounces. I’m sure it will taste lovely with double the coconut too!