Spiked Biscoff Cookie Icebox Cake (only 5 ingredients!)

by Julie Ruble on May 27, 2013 · 21 comments

Spiked Biscoff Cookie Icebox Cake

Recipe by: Willow Bird Baking
Yield: would easily feed 10 people

Icebox cakes are amazing, and spiked icebox cakes are amazinger. With 5 ingredients and 15 minutes of prep, you have a gorgeous, delicious dessert!

Ingredients:
4 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup goldschlager (or cinnamon liquor or liquor of your choice)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 packages Lotus Biscoff cookies
caramel sauce for topping (optional; I used store-bought but this is a great from-scratch recipe)

Combine cold cream, goldschlager, and powdered sugar in a chilled mixing bowl and beat to stiff peaks. Taste it to be sure the alcohol/sweetness ratio works for your tastebuds. In a trifle dish, place a layer of Biscoff cookies along the bottom, breaking them to fit as needed. Dollop whipped cream on top and spread it over the cookies to form about 1/4 inch layer of cream. Continue layering cookies and cream until you’re out of cookies, finishing with a layer of cream. Cover the dish and let it chill overnight so the cookies are softened. Heat the caramel sauce and then let it cool a bit so it won’t melt the cream. Drizzle it over top of the trifle and serve.

Barbara @ Barbara Bakes May 27, 2013 at 11:23 pm

Why have I never made an icebox cake. Yours looks delightful.

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) May 27, 2013 at 11:29 pm

I adore icebox cakes! Isn’t this the perfect time of year to start making them. I love the spiked touch!

Angela @ The Dancer Bakes May 28, 2013 at 3:44 am

So glad the goldschlager worked out! Somehow I’ve made virtually every kind of cake but icebox cake…naturally I’d skip over the easiest thing to make. Can’t wait to find out what I’ve been missing!
And thanks, as always, for the words of encouragement. I’m at a point in my life where I’m encountering more questions and challenges than answers and accomplishments. It helps to be reminded that God’s in control and He can redeem every low moment for His good purpose :)

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar May 28, 2013 at 12:06 pm

This looks so heavenly! Love this idea :)

Jennifer | Bake or Break May 28, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Love this! The flavors and the simplicity are big winners. And how I don’t own any cinnamon liqueur is beyond me.

PapaLos - The Man, The Chef, The Dad May 28, 2013 at 5:18 pm

I always try to remain optimistic and about 98% of the time I’m successful. The only times I am not looking at the bright side of a situation is when my wife is going crazy and she pulls me down with her. She’s the complete opposite when it comes to things like that and it’s always mentioned – “how can you be so calm?!” My answer is usually something along the lines of what you said – “What is happening is meant to happen and we’ll get out of it soon.”

I think I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again.. Your students don’t know how lucky they are.

Colette @ JFF! May 28, 2013 at 9:27 pm

This is the amazing-est!

Charlie May 29, 2013 at 11:21 am

Hello!

What could I use instead of the liqueur?

Have a Joyful Day :~D
Charlie

Julie Ruble May 29, 2013 at 11:54 am

Charlie, you can just leave it out and it will still be delicious :) I might also add a teaspoon of vanilla extract in the whipping cream in its place.

Kate May 29, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Is it really 1/4 CUP of liquor?

Julie Ruble May 29, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Yes. That’s for the entire dish (10-12 servings), so when eating a serving, you’d be ingesting no more than 1 – 1.5 teaspoons at any given time.

Charlie May 29, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Thank you!

Tricia May 29, 2013 at 7:12 pm

Julie,
I just found your blog and what a beautiful place to start. First, this looks stupid delicious and second what a beautiful and positive message about struggle! Struggle is so messy but this an amazing outlook. Thanks for your wise words and sunny outlook
-Tricia

Amanda @ Food, Fitness, Faith May 31, 2013 at 11:49 am

How adorable was this post?! Also, make more cinchy, delicious and boozy cakes. I’m finally 21 and I wanna make the most of it and this seems like a great way to start!

Kari N. June 1, 2013 at 6:41 pm

What an amazing post ! As a mom to two girls, the challenge everyday is training them to navigate through life with the “dust yourself up and try again attitude” even in the face of failure. First time on your blog, and can’t wait to read more!

Julie Ruble June 3, 2013 at 1:37 am

Welcome, Kari, and thank you!

Janeen June 4, 2013 at 4:49 am

Yummy recipe, amazing words. I love, love, love what you said about changing our perspectives regarding our struggles and even our failures. You sound like a wonderful teacher. :)

Kailley @ Kailley's Kitchen June 5, 2013 at 2:08 pm

What a creative idea! This looks and sounds delicious!

Dicki August 14, 2014 at 1:00 pm

I would love to make this but do not have access to biscoff cookies – that would be a good substitute? milano cookies?

Julie Ruble August 14, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Biscoff cookies have kind of a spicy graham cracker flavor — but like a billion times better :) I’d suggest ordering them on Amazon if you can, and if not, I’d substitute cinnamon graham crackers. Enjoy!!