Biscoff Spread Gooey Butter Cake

Biscoff Spread Gooey Butter Cake
Recipe by: Willow Bird Baking. Yield: 6-8 servings
Gooey butter cake is already completely insane, buttery, and delicious, but when you add Biscoff Cookie Spread, things get serious. I thought up this combo when working on my beloved Gooey Butter Cake theme and it is a real crowd-pleaser!
Crust Ingredients: 1 cup cake flour 3 tablespoons granulated sugar 1/3 cup butter, cold
Filling Ingredients: 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened 1 cup crunchy Biscoff Spread (or other cookie butter) 1 egg 1 cup all-purpose flour 2/3 cup evaporated milk 1/4 cup light corn syrup 1 teaspoon vanilla icing sugar
Toppings Ingredients: more cookie butter! Biscoff cookies 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Directions: NOTE: If you don’t have a skillet, I believe you can bake this in a greased 9-inch square baking dish (I’d use a glass one if you have it, and check it early and often. Remove when there’s some jiggle left.) Let us know how it goes if you try it this way for all the other skilletless people!
Make the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together cake flour and sugar in a medium bowl. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or two knives (I use my food processor) until the mixture resembles fine crumbs and starts to cling together. Press the mixture into the bottom (this step is a lot harder than it sounds, but be patient and use the back of a spoon to help spread/press the mixture down) and up the sides of a 10-inch cast iron skillet.
Make the filling: Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy and pale yellow (about 2-3 minutes). Mix in the cookie butter. Mix in the egg until just combined. Alternate adding the flour and evaporated milk, mixing after each addition. Mix in the corn syrup and vanilla. Pour the filling into the crust and sprinkle the top with icing sugar.
Bake and assemble the cake: Bake for 45-50 minutes or until cake is nearly set (mine was probably ready around 48 minutes). Some jiggle is fine — do not overcook! It’ll finish setting up as it cools. Let it cool in pan for 2 hours. No really. If you don't, it'll just be pudding-y. In the meantime, beat heavy cream to stiff peaks. Top your cake with cookie butter, Biscoff cookies, and whipped cream. Eaaat it.

22 Comments on Biscoff Spread Gooey Butter Cake

1. Barbara | Creative Culinary
    May 22, 2013 at 9:08 pm (2 years ago)

I am originally from St. Louis; the home of gooey butter cake. I have seen it bastardized on so many blogs; the worst being those that think that making one with a cake mix counts. However, in the interest of validation I will say this:

WOW. I love Biscoff and I would be OK with adding it to the ooey, gooeyness of GBB!! Call St. Louis, get them on this stat!

• Julie Ruble
      May 22, 2013 at 9:19 pm (2 years ago)

I love GBCs, and have to admit, when I love something, I tend to vary it in all sorts of ways :) I know there are current arguments about yeasted base vs. unyeasted (like here), and cream cheese vs. no cream cheese. Would love to hear your thoughts! This base GBC (without the cookie butter) is my favorite of the “plain” versions.

2. Dina
    May 23, 2013 at 1:07 am (2 years ago)

i love gooey butter cake. what a great idea!

3. PapaLos - The Man, The Chef, The Dad
    May 23, 2013 at 1:34 am (2 years ago)

Wow, that conversation about the toilet paper without validation sounds just like a regular conversation in my house! …I don’t think I should be excited about that but whatever.

I’m totally behind you that we should all validate each other in as many conversations as we can. I think relationships would be healthier, friendships stronger and the world a better place.

The cake, of course, looks splendid! If there is anyone that makes me wish I still owned a cast iron skillet, it’s you!

4. Jarome
    May 23, 2013 at 12:44 pm (2 years ago)

This Gooey Butter Cake looks delish alone but the biscoff cookies make sit more stunning for your palate. :)

5. Tanna
    May 23, 2013 at 2:06 pm (2 years ago)

This gooey butter cake looks amazing! I’ve never tried biscoff spread before. I’m going to have to get me some.

6. Summer @ Mallow and Co
    May 24, 2013 at 8:11 pm (2 years ago)

Ha ha haaa! I need to show this post to my husband, the man does not understand me when I try and convince him the roll should go Over! And this cake looks awesome – I saw it on pinterest and am definitely repinning!

7. Choclette
    May 26, 2013 at 2:55 pm (2 years ago)

Ooh, I’ve not come across butter cake before, it sounds good, but your version with biscoff sounds crazily good. I’m off to get a spoon now so I can dig into yours ;-) Good points made about validation too.

8. sayre
    May 31, 2013 at 7:24 pm (2 years ago)

kathleen and i are eating this right now. thanks SO SO much. it’s delicious!

• Julie Ruble
      June 1, 2013 at 1:24 am (2 years ago)

Aw, that makes me happy!! I’m glad you guys are enjoying it :)

9. Angie
    July 25, 2013 at 6:57 pm (2 years ago)

Love this made from scratch version of your cake! I bet it tastes so good!

• Julie Ruble
      July 25, 2013 at 7:10 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks, Angie! Yours was gorgeous! Love using a mix every now and then for a quick and awesome dessert!

10. Tieghan
    July 26, 2013 at 1:28 pm (2 years ago)

Love this so much! Gooey is the best thing ever!

11. Celeste Fritsche
    September 3, 2014 at 4:54 pm (8 months ago)

I baked this over Labor Day weekend using an 8″ square glass baking dish, and it turned out fabulous. I only baked it 45 minutes, and it probably could have gone just a little longer. Topped it with Justin’s chocolate hazelnut spread and it was absolutely sublime!

5Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Biscoff Spread Gooey Butter Cake

1. […] woah: Biscoff Spread Gooey Butter Cake. OMG! Gooey lusciousness. I’ll take […]

2. […] jar. What’s not to love about a spread made out of amazing cookies? Maybe, just maybe this Biscoff Spread Gooey Butter Cake, that’s […]

3. […] Source: Willow Bird Baking […]