A Dozen Pumpkin Recipes from Willow Bird Baking

by Julie Ruble on November 18, 2011 · 32 comments

My pumpkin craze is far from over, y’all. Just a fair warning.

The pumpkin shortage over the past two seasons must have really scarred me, because it seems like every time I pass a display I pick up a couple more cans. I don’t mind; my pumpkin stash has come in handy plenty o’ times. Here are a few of my favorite pumpkin recipes, hand-picked to be perfect for your Thanksgiving meal. Enjoy!

1. Jack O’ Lantern Whoopie Pies
2. Pumpkin Spice Pull Apart Bread with Butter Rum Glaze
3. One-Skillet Gooey Pumpkin Cookie Cake

4. Mini Pumpkin Pies
5. Pumpkin Cheesecake Stuffed Snickerdoodles
6. Pumpkin Streusel Swirled Cream Cheese Pound Cake

7. Pumpkin Cheesecake Bread Pudding
8. Vegan Pumpkin Nut Bread
9. Easy Sopapilla Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars

10. Chocolate Pumpkin Truffles
11. Pumpkin Pecan Streusel Breakfast Braid
12. Browned Butter Pumpkin Croquemcake with White Chocolate Chai Mousse

…and you guys know there’s more where that came from. Pumpkin and I are BFFs.

-Pin It

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust November 18, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Love all these! I have 3 huge cans in my pantry because I was afraid I’d never find any. :)

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking November 18, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Love it! Glad I’m not the only one. I told Mike the other day that it was like I’d lived through the Depression of pumpkin and was now a pumpkin hoarder because I knew what it was like to do without — and then PROMPTLY apologized for making light of the Depression to describe my pumpkin collection. LOL. One of those moments where you’re like, “Wait, that’s probably an offensive comparison….” Oops!

Barbara Schieving November 18, 2011 at 8:42 pm

They all look fantastic. It would be hard to pick just one.

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking November 18, 2011 at 10:01 pm

Thanks, Barbara :)

Taylor @ greens & chocolate November 18, 2011 at 9:06 pm

Oooh I want to make all of these!! That breakfast braid looks perfect for Thanksgiving breakfast!

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking November 18, 2011 at 10:01 pm

Thanks, Taylor :)

thekalechronicles November 18, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Do you and Linda aka spicegirlfla know each other? You should: she’s obsessed with pumpkin as well.

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking November 18, 2011 at 10:00 pm

We don’t, but you’re right, sounds like we should! ;)

thekalechronicles November 18, 2011 at 10:12 pm

Alright, I’m giving you a link to her blog, Savoring Every Bite — hope it works! http://savoringeverybite.wordpress.com/

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking November 18, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Thanks! I’ll check it out!

Savory Simple November 18, 2011 at 9:51 pm

This is a fabulous collection of pumpkin recipes. You are not alone! I can’t get enough pumpkin this time of year.

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking November 18, 2011 at 9:59 pm

It’s like an addiction ;) Thanks!

Joanne November 18, 2011 at 10:36 pm

I can never get enough pumpkin. If I thought my readers would tolerate it, I would bake with and cook with it all week every week! I love all of these…can’t believe I haven’t made ANY of them yet. What have I been baking with my puree?!?!?

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking November 18, 2011 at 10:51 pm

I totally would too! And I know what you’ve been baking — all sorts of deliciousness going on over there! Mmmm.

DessertForTwo November 18, 2011 at 10:51 pm

Lovely! Maybe I’ll do a pumpkin recipe roundup on my site too! :)

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking November 18, 2011 at 10:53 pm

I hope you will! The more the merrier, certainly when it comes to pumpkin recipes :)

Lauren at Keep It Sweet November 19, 2011 at 8:58 am

I have also turned into a pumpkin hoarder, oops! I want to make everything on that list. Ah, what to try first?!

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking November 20, 2011 at 8:49 pm

I say start with the snickerdoodles. Oh man, do I wish I had more of those. They were, like, one of the best things I’ve ever made! And so easy! Agh! ;)

Hooray for pumpkin hoarding!

Joan Nova November 19, 2011 at 9:12 am

I, too, love pumpkin. Just had pumpkin pancakes for breakfast!

Have a great Thanksgiving holiday.

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking November 20, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Ooh, I have breakfast envy! Thanks, Joan! Happy Thanksgiving!

thehungrygiant November 19, 2011 at 10:39 pm

this is a gustatory overload of the best kind. hahaha the pound cake is something i’d like to try :) cheers to your .com move julie! :) – gio

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking November 20, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Thanks, Gio! Let me know when you go for it! I know it’ll be fantastic!

nipponnin November 20, 2011 at 2:14 am

Oh my! Super nice! Do you have time to sleep?

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking November 20, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Just a little here and there ;) Thank you!

FEWDETTE November 20, 2011 at 8:28 pm

LOVE every thing Pumpkin. I’ve been trying to think of something other than Pumpkin Pie to make for Thanksgiving. I’m thinking your pound cake will be perfect and it will give me the best reason to break in my new bundt pan!

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking November 20, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Oh no, Fewdette, it actually bakes in a tube pan, and I don’t think a bundt will work (darn it!) — but I’m sure one of these recipes will be perrrrfect! I was thinking perhaps people would be looking for something other than just another pumpkin pie — even though those are yummy too! ;)

FEWDETTE November 20, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Oh really?! I wonder why? I’ve just always assumed that a bundt pan was just an ornamental tube pan.

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking November 20, 2011 at 8:40 pm

They hold just a wee bit less batter — about the same as a 9-inch tube pan, actually, whereas the pound cake bakes in a 10-inch tube pan. You could try it, but I’d be nervous — I’ve baked that pound cake in other pans before (halved and in a loaf pan, to be exact) and due to the way it bakes, it always comes out wonky! I use it for cake pops in that case ;)

FEWDETTE November 20, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Good to know. Well, I guess it would give me a good reason to add a regular tube pan to my collection! hehe

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking November 20, 2011 at 8:48 pm

LOL, that is TOTALLY the exact same conclusion I would come to ;) Great minds think alike…

Janet November 21, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Hi Julie! Thanks for all the great pumpkin recipes. I am going to make the pumpkin cheesecake bars today. Can’t wait! Would love if you could come up with a really great pumpkin bar recipe! Most are too cakey. I can’t seem to find a really great one and I bet you could! Happy Thanksgiving!

Brooke November 21, 2011 at 4:45 pm

The pumpkin pull apart bread is still screaming for me to make it! Must go buy more pumpkin – thanks for the reminder.