Bailey’s Mint Oreo Icebox Cake (only 4 ingredients!)

by Julie Ruble on March 8, 2014 · 8 comments

Bailey's Mint Oreo Icebox Cake
Bailey’s Mint Oreo Icebox Cake

Bailey’s Mint Oreo Icebox Cake

Recipe by: Willow Bird Baking
Yield: 4-6 servings

Who knew 4 ingredients could taste so good? Icebox cakes pack a ton of bang for their buck — they are surprisingly delicious and require barely any effort at all. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream (I used Hazelnut flavor)
1 package mint Oreos
chopped Andes mints (optional topping)

Whip the cream, powdered sugar, and Bailey’s Irish Cream together in a chilled bowl to stiff peaks. In a loaf pan lined with parchment paper, layer mint Oreos and Bailey’s whipped cream, starting with Oreos and ending with cream. Cover and refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, invert onto a platter and top with chopped Andes Mints if desired.

lynn @ the actor's diet March 8, 2014 at 3:33 pm

adore ice box cakes. i wanna make one with my strawberry flavored kit kats!

Laura March 10, 2014 at 11:53 am

So funny!! I love this simple recipe idea! Now, if only nabisco would make gluten free Oreos. Glutino has some a great GF version, but they don’t have the fun new flavors that nabisco has…..

Lauren March 14, 2014 at 8:13 pm

Everything about this recipe (and this post) is awesome. My Grandma always made icebox cake for our family holiday gatherings, but I never thought to use Oreos instead of the chocolate wafers. All of a sudden I’m feeling quite inspired to experiment on icebox cake variations :-)

Jenny @ BAKE March 15, 2014 at 12:32 pm

this is amazing! what a brilliant St Patricks day dessert! I’m glad you did all that oreo testing!

Connie March 15, 2014 at 1:10 pm

What can be used to sub for the Bailey? Looks wonderful!

Julie Ruble March 15, 2014 at 1:30 pm

You can just leave it out altogether and it will still be wonderful :) Or add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (or extract of your choice) to flavor your cream. Enjoy!

Ashley March 21, 2014 at 4:11 pm

This looks amazing!! Will definitely make this ASAP!

Lynn @ Beautiful Cake Pictures March 23, 2014 at 8:11 pm

Love the ease of just 4 ingredients, my kids loved it! The beautiful photos are what caught my eye to try it and was delicious.